Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chicken Bacon Crescent Ring

Initially, I was going to make this for dinner on Monday night, but realized I was missing one very important ingredient towards the end... the crescent rolls!

So, this was the first time that I "pre-prepped" the filling, but hopefully it will work out fine.
Tonight I stopped at the store and picked up the missing ingredient, and had dinner in the oven within five or so minutes.

For future reference, this is something that I can make ahead of time and just pop in the oven to bake.

I've been making this recipe for quite a while, but modified it from its original version to cater to my husband's pickiness. I like my version better than the original.

Source: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
2 tubes (8 oz each) crescent rolls
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked (OR shredded chicken breast)
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 heaping Tablespoon sour cream (more if filling seems too dry)
1 red pepper chopped
1/2 medium onion chopped
6 strips cooked bacon crumbled
1 packet ranch dressing mix

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 375
Unroll crescent rolls and separate the triangles. You're going to make a circle with the pointy ends of triangles pointing towards the outside of a pizza pan or stone. Overlap the ends and lightly press together.

When you're done, it should look like this:








In a bowl mix the softened cream cheese, chicken, red pepper, onion, cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing mix.


Stir well.

Next, spoon the chicken mixture onto the crescent rolls.

After the filling is on the crescent rolls, pull the pointy ends into the middles (over the top of the chicken mixture).

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are starting to brown.

I forgot to take a picture of my final product.... so click on the taste of home link above to see what it *should* look like.

After removing from the oven, let stand for about 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment