Saturday, February 11, 2012

Menu - Feb 11 - Feb 16

This week - my husband decided to make the weekly menu. This morning when I was on the way home from swimming lessons with Brynn he called me and asked if I have the grocery list done yet because he wanted to go shopping as soon as I got home.

I had a few things in my head, but hadn't written anything down yet, so I told him to think of some ideas and then I would finish the list when I got home.

Well, he had a whole "menu" planned when I got home. Needless to say there's a lot of hamburger type stuff on the list, but we went with it. It's probably easier not to argue about it.

He has mentioned that my grocery bill has been getting pretty high lately - which it has been... between $80 and $100 without buying very much meat - since we have a lot of meat at home in the freezer. We buy a beef product (hamburger, roast, etc) from the grocery store may once or twice a year, if we've run out of meat at home. I had chicken breasts from September until last November - December in the freezer from chickens that we had raised and my husband and a friend butchered. I think we started out with 40 or so chicken, and we split them with the neighbor. However, there are 3 that are still running around our barn - because they were "missed" when the caught the chickens to butcher them this fall. Oh well.

I do still have chicken legs, thighs, and wings in the freezer along with a few whole chickens. They're just not quite as easy to use as the breasts... and I knew the breast would go first anyways, they usually do.

On to the meal plan by Josh...

Saturday
Lunch - frozen pizza
Dinner - Taco cupcakes (found on pinterest and left over from last week)

Sunday
Lunch - Cheeseburger Loaf (my contribution since he didn't have anything written down)
Dinner - Beef Stew (also left over from last week)

Monday
Sloppy Joes and Baked Potatoes

Tuesday
Chili

Wednesday
Green Bean Casserole

Thursday
Canned Soup (although I may change this out to something else.... )

Friday
Brats and hotdogs

I guess he didn't do too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment