Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner - Bacon Egg and Cheese Beagles

Since the temperatures have cooled down a little bit - I think the high was 82ish today - I decided I could brave using the oven again. I just hate heating up the house using the oven when it's already hot and I'm super pregnant and miserable (10 more days until my due date - come on baby!!)

With the use of three cookie sheets and one muffin tin, that dinner was completely baked in the oven and done in about 20 minutes.

I bought a package of six beagles.

Ingredients:

6 Eggs
6 Beagles - split in half
6 - 12 pieces of bacon, depending on how much bacon you want per sandwich
6 pieces of sliced cheese

Supplies: 
Cooking Spray
Tin Foil
Muffin Tin
2-3 cookie sheets
Paper towel

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Spray the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray. Break 1 egg into the cup of the muffin tin.

On a cookie sheet lined with tin foil (easy clean up) lay out slices of bacon.

Once the oven is pre-heated bake eggs in the muffin tin for 10 - 15 minutes. After about 10 minutes I checked on the eggs and the yokes were not cooked yet, I poked the yokes with a butter knife and put back in the oven for the remaining 5 minutes.

I also cooked the bacon at the same time. After about 7 minutes, I flipped the bacon over. I like my bacon pretty crispy, so keep an eye on the bacon if you don't like it as "well done"

While the eggs and bacon were cooking I split apart the beagles and put those on another cookie sheet and added them to the oven.

I probably ended up with the beagles in the over for 5ish minutes while the eggs and bacon were in there. Once the eggs and bacon were done, I took them out and turned on the broiler on low for 1 minute, 30 seconds to toast the beagles a little. While the beagles were under the broiler, I transferred the bacon from the cookie sheet to paper towel to get the extra grease off.

After turning the broiler off, I split a piece of sliced cheese between the top and bottom of each beagle and allowed to melt.

Then I assembled the sandwiches. I used a small spatula to get the egg out of the muffin tin and then cut the egg in half so there was enough egg to cover the whole beagle. I like bacon, so I used two pieces of bacon per sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment